- Loaninghead, Apple House, Stables Cottage, Bothy Apartment, Balfron Station,(no railway station)
Drymen Glasgow, G63 0SE.
- Tel 01360 440 432 Mobile: 07769324251
International +44 1360 440 432
- Mabeth & Malcolm Paterson.
- Within easy striking distance are some wonderful castles including Stirling, Edinburgh and Inverary. There are also Scottish palaces to explore at Scone, Linlithgow and Holyrood. If you are interested in architecture then visit the Charles Rennie Mackintosh Hill House and see the stunning architecture and design of one of Scotland’s best kept secrets. Glengoyne whisky distillery is only 4 miles away and is a great venure for a tour, some tasting and some tax free shopping. If your are looking for the buzz of the city then Glasgow with it museums, galleries, exhibitions and shops is only a few miles away.
- Aside from the magnificient hills the panorama from Loaninghead consits of a patchwork of farms and small villages. This is a beautiful rural retreat for those wishing to enjoy all that nature can offer you from the comfort of your quality Scottish self catering accomodation`
- Travel north from Scottish border at Gretna to Glasgow.M73/M8 (heading to Glasgow airport & city centre) keeping left and left again M8 Glasgow City Centre &, Greenock
- Junction 16 left to traffic lights, turn right under motorway then immediately left, round about straight through, left at traffic lights, on to Milngavie A879, traffic lights straight through.
- Carry on about 8 sets of traffic lights, into the country. Pass Luddon Construction on left, about 2 miles round about (Blochair) straight through driving towards Milngavie. Traffic lights slightly right on to A81 traffic lights straight on into the country pass Sports club on right.
- Travel through Strathblane/Blanefield stay on this A81 road sign posted to Aberfoyle. You pass Glengoyne whisky distillery stay on Aberfoyle road (A81) straight through two round abouts (do not turn left to Drymen) approx. 3 to 4 miles you come to large junction, take left Drymen A811 road, you very soon pass 4 houses on your right, another 200 hundred yards on your right you have reached Loaninghead. At entrance take drive left to Loaningehad house red sandstone house with garden, drive round as if going to back of this building.
- Leave motorway at Junction 10 and come in towards the castle and follow signs for Loch Lomond and travel on the A811 road to Drymen, Erskine Bridge and Loch Lomond. Stay on A811.
- Travel through Arnprior and Buchlyvie villages staying on this A811 you come to junction of A81 Glasgow/Aberfoyle road take left and almost immediately right 1/2 mile you pass 4 houses on your right another 200 yds.
- Loaninghead on your right. At entrance take left drive to house
From Glasgow Airport
- Take M8 toward Glasgow, leave at Junction 25 to Clyde Tunnel, and Follow signs for north and Aberfoyle. You should pass through about 7/8 sets of traffic lights straight through to a round- about take second left (not Drymen A809) Travel A81 to Milngavie, through Strathblane/Blanefield stay on this A81 road signed posted Aberfoyle.
- You pass Glengoyne whisky distillery stay on Aberfoyle road A81 (do not go to Killearn/Balfron ) 2 round- abouts straight through, do not take left to Drymen at round – about, another 3 or 4 miles you reach a junction take left on to the Drymen, Loch Lomond A811 pass 4 houses on your right, another 200 yds.on the right Loaninghead. Take drive on the left.
From Edinburgh Airport
- Take M9 to Stirling you will pass the Castle on your right, exit to left at Junction 10 follow signs to Loch Lomond A811 to Erskine Bridge as directions above from Stirling.
- Bed and Breakfast please come in through the garden gate, self catering straight onto the back of the house, key for self catering can be collected at door near Lions. Bothy Apartment Park just passed the Lions on the left. Apple House and Stables Cottage will direct you on arrival.
- From Oban Take the A85, then A819 to Inverarary then A83 to Arrochar – Tarbet (North tip of Loch Lomond) A82 to Balloch at the Stoneymollan round about take A811 to Drymen about 8 miles by-pass Drymen village and we are 3 miles on the A811 a straight part of the road sign with Loaninghead B. & B. on the left.
- A82 is the road traveling north or south on the west side of Loch Lomond. Arrive at Balloch round about take the A811 to Stirling and follow above for Loaninghead from Balloch.
Remember to top up with petrol rural fuel stations few and far between.
- You can print the above directions/ go into Google maps below, press directions, add your postcode, google maps will give you directions which you then can print if you wish to do so.